Gaze through the window at the unfurling landscape as you pass, glimpse Lake Baikal, Russia’s sacred sea, or gawk at Moscow’s Kremlin at one end of your journey and Beijing’s Forbidden City at the other end; all with your trusted travel companion. Begin your journey now!
- Colour maps and images throughout Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience – the history of the railway, history of Siberian travel, Russian culture & cuisine, Mongolian culture & cuisine, Chinese culture & cuisine, landscapes & wildlife
Coverage includes: Moscow, St Petersburg, Beijing, the Trans-Siberian, Trans-Mongolian, Trans-Manchurian and Baikal-Amur Mainline routes and more